Tuesday, May 1, 2012

What a day off today was!! On our way up the mountain with Alesha and trenton Hagerty! :)
Awed at the beauty of what the God who loves me created.
Excited to Ride!!! Lets go!!

Sing Unto Him, sing psalms unto Him, tell of all His wondrous works. Psalm 105:1-2


The school director and his wife. They have also become my home away from home, after opening UP their home to be for the time I will be here. What a blessing they have been to my life here in Chile. They have brought so much Joy and just wonderful opportunities over the past 6 weeks i've lived with them. One being my church. If it hadn't been for them introducing it to me, I would of missed a gem. I am looking forward to starting Worship Team practice this friday!! - more about that to come :) Such a God thing!! Thank you guys for praying- These two are an answer to many prayers! :)

Making our way up!

Yea it was DEF off road! :)

And Steep!

Something that you see often around these parts!

We crossed a couple really cool/very old bridges today. And i've decided that I enjoy old bridges How were they made? How are they still somehow holding my weight?! Who made this years and years ago? what was their story? I think its just because I love how old things tell a story


The view from one of the rickety bridges!! Well worth the risk!

It took my breath away a few times throughout the day






" I'm the daughter who got your genes!" haha...SO FUNNY how alike we are. We are beginning to wonder If I really am related....?



The horse our guide gave me was named Blondi, and he was such a sweet horse!

We got along well :) Oh and when I asked about the saddle style...the answer was " Its a chile style, made for being sat in for a long time." - It was verrrrrrrry comfortable!! If you can't tell by all the padding!
Add caption

So, I learned that some houses/barns are constructed using Tires... who knew?! :)

The view as we made our way up the SIDE of the mountain!

Oh hello there!


I was loving every minute of the 2 1/2 hour ride. Even when my horses hoof was inches away from the edge of the mountain. Hey, it added a bit of excitement!

And that is my view every day...
Can you tell we are higher?! The air was so clear up there!

Sing unto Him, sing Psalms unto Him; tell of His wonderous works. Psalm 105:1-2
Being up there reminded me of how small I am in this world apart from Christ, and playing out His will for my life.



We made it to the top!! Giving the horses a break..and enjoying the beautiful view!











"How sweet the remembrance that inexhaustible mercy is waiting to be gracious to us, and to restore our backslidings, and make our broken bones rejoice!"

Thankful for the day off and another opportunity to be in the midst of God's extraordinary masterpiece-Creation. However, I'm ready to get back in my classroom to another one of the Lord's masterpieces- Who  love to give me hugs throughout the day, say silly things, and ask me if i've gotten married yet...? haha Oh I love those little ones! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment