Sunday, March 25, 2012

True Love covers offenses


It is amazing to me at how ignorant of the sin battle between the evil principalities and the devil I can unknowingly be. How quickly I can forget that there is a battle raging in the midst of every minute of my day and that because of that battle, until the day that I go home to be with my Lord, the "hits, bombs, and blows" are always going to be thrust towards the same target. Pride.
 I remember being in highschool and dealing with "clicks" and often would think " UGH I can't wait to be out of highschool and away from this kind of unkindness and selfishness."-Because surely myself and all of my peers will be so much less prideful and more mature one in Collage!  Only to arrive at Collage and see the same battle raging and that same target always being the one hit....not only in others, but in my own heart.Yet, I still chose to look ahead and think " Well when I graduate and get into the real world with adults it will be better." Haha...and of course the cycle continued. I got a job working in a Secular enviroment and when I saw that target being hit even more than ever, I assumed it was "because this is a secular envirement and these are unbelievers,  maybe when I go on the mission field and work with believers it will be different." AHH, Im embarrassed to even admit that my thought process was so scewed, and not even founded on what the Bible says our days will look like. Why is it so easy to assume the "grass is always greener on the other side" especially when  we are living in a body that is constantly fighting its natural bent towards sin. One of the main sins I believe man is bent towards, is Pride. As I approached the mission field those same unrealistic expectations and hopes all seemed to come to a head, and Im thankful for the reality check it has served me. I believe after all those years of looking ahead when times were rough and saying " well then it will be, or if i was there I would, ect" and excepting the fact that I live in a fallen state , a state that is desperate for Our Saviors daily grace and Strength. Hurt, Gossip, Slander, Selfishness, Pride, Jealousy, will always be a part of this race here on earth. And the Lord's word reminded me of that this week as I came to it needing refreshman and hope. A few of the verses He led me too where..

Proverbs 19:11 which says
"A man's wisdom gives him patience; it is to his glory to overlook an offense."

1 Peter 4:12-13
"Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ's sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.."

1 Peter 1:13
"Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is Holy, you also be holy in all your conduct."  - Actions and Attitudes.

1 Peter 2:8-11
"Finally, all of you, have unity of mind, sympathy, brotherly love, a tender heart, and a humble mind. Do not repay evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary bless, for to this you were called, that you may obtain a blessing. For whoever desires to love life and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil and his lips from speaking deceit; let him turn away from evil and do good; let him seek peace and pursue it."

Galations; 6:8-10
"For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow eary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith."


Whether your in highschool, College, Seminary, working in the ministry ( my dad has served as the perfect example of how the devil targets even more, those who are faithfully serving the Lord)  a missionary in your workplace in the states, or a missionary overseas, we are all flawed and in need of the grace of our Savior. If we are seeking the Lord then we wear a traget on our backs, that the devil and his helpers recognize...to hone in on. When we, even for a second, begin to waver in our time wth the Lord, we invite that taget to be hit. And pride will be the first to rear its ugly head.

: "God never hurts us needlessly and He never wastes our pain; For every loss He sends to us is fololwed by rich gain. And when we count the blessings that God has so freely sent, We will find no cause for murmuring and no time to lament. For our Father loves His children and to Him all things are plain; He never sends us pleasure when the soul's deep need is pain, So whenever we are troubled and when everything goes wrong, It is just God working in us to make our spirits strong."In light of that, how thankful I am for the friendships the Lord has Sovereignly  placed in my life here, to encourage me as this harsh reality seemed to hit this past week.
He is in control.
His timing is perfect, and the trials HE allows us to go through...all serve a purpose.

It made days of rejoicing and refreshmant with 3 of my dear saints of the faith, surrounded by God's creation that much more special.
I share about that beautiful day in the post before this one! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment